INVISALIGN VS BRACES
Why are more adults choosing Invisalign to straighten their teeth vs braces? What’s the difference? The major difference in Invisalign vs braces is that Invisalign straightens teeth using clear aligner trays while braces depend on traditional brackets and wires. Invisalign is the perfect option for people who can’t or don’t want to spend a year or more of their life dealing with brackets and wires. Wondering about Invisalign vs Braces Cost? Keep reading…
HERE’S A QUICK COMPARISON OF INVISALIGN VS BRACES:
- Clear plastic aligners
- Aligners are worn constantly except when you eat
- Less noticeable than traditional braces
- Much more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Able to correct many different types of orthodontic problems.
- Fast and easy
- Typically costs less than braces.
- Make teeth easier to clean
- Don’t cause orthodontic tooth spots
- Not recommended for children under the age of 12.
- Brackets and wires
- Hardware is worn 24/7
- Less comfortable than clear aligners
- Cause mouth sores and ulcers
- Typically more expensive than Invisalign
- Require more maintenance and more appointments.
- Able to treat extremely complicated orthodontic problems
INVISALIGN VS BRACES COST
Does Invisalign cost more than braces? No, it doesn’t. In most cases Invisalign costs the same or less than braces. So how different is Invisalign vs braces cost? That depends on the complexity of your case. Invisalign cost depends on the number of trays your dentist estimates you need to get the best results. When shopping for Invisalign, be sure to ask how many case revisions are included in your treatment fee. Some dentists offer lower prices up front but then charge for any needed revisions. Nearly every patient needs at least one treatment revision and they can add thousands of dollars to your treatment cost if not included in the price.
IS INVISALIGN BETTER THAN BRACES?
Whether Invisalign is better than braces depends on what you need. Both Invisalign and braces straighten teeth very well. Both depend on the skill and care of the dentist to get the best results.
Invisalign is often slightly less expensive and can be faster. It doesn’t have any poky brackets or wires; however, you MUST wear the trays at least 22 hours a day. Invisalign requires much less adjustment than braces but can also be uncomfortable as teeth shift.
Braces MUST be kept clean or you will get cavities and gingivitis; however, you don’t have to remember to put them in. If you can’t afford to look like a kid again and don’t like mouth sores, Invisalign is probably the choice for you. If you have memory issues, go with the braces for sure. Choose the option that best fits your needs and lifestyle.