Having Problems with a Broken Denture?
Are you in need of Denture Repair Services? You have likely experienced problems with your removable partial or complete denture and concluded you need a denture fix solution. These are uncomfortable and miserable problems for sure! Your eating and talking and smiling are affected, right? Maybe even your diabetes control is no longer easy to manage! Maybe your jaw pain is related to not being able to chew properly! Not to mention the social aspect of having no functional teeth present in your smile.
With something so important at stake, it’s no wonder Denture Repairs are one of the most common denture services our patients seek us out for. In most instances, we are able to provide efficient 24-HOUR Denture Repair Services working directly with a local dental laboratory.
Denture Repair of Cracked Denture Bases
Denture Bases break for a number of reasons: they get accidently dropped, stepped on, and even chewed by a dog. They can also break in the mouth during chewing because of a poor fit and poor distribution of forces. Because a poor fit can contribute to future breaks as well as jaw problems, we are always careful to assess denture fit and bite relationship when we complete a Denture Repair Service.
Thinking of doing this yourself? I do not recommend you attempt to super glue a broken denture! If you do, you’ll likely see it doesn’t work, or at least for long periods of time. You simply can’t get the superglue to hold the two parts together in the long run. The two halves will simply come undone in a short time again. These denture repairs should only be completed by a professional lab technician under the direction of a dentist!
Denture Repair Services for Broken Denture Tooth
The second most common type of Denture Repair we see in our clinic is repairing dentures with broken teeth. The denture teeth most commonly breaking off the denture are the upper (maxillary) front teeth. While they are the most common teeth to pop off the denture base, we do see a fair amount of back teeth as well.
If you can bring the denture and tooth to our clinic as soon as the tooth broke off, that would be ideal. However, if you must have the tooth repaired immediately, then follow these steps for a short and temporary fix:
- Clean the denture and tooth thoroughly with water and let the parts dry completely
- Apply a small amount of superglue on the denture pink base where the tooth fits
- Carefully & Quickly place the tooth back in its place. Confirm it did not move as you took the finger off.
- Once set, clean the excess superglue. Yes, you will taste some of the chemical taste…
- Avoid chewing with that tooth.
If you prefer to use a professional over-the-counter repair kit, I recommend this kit found at CVS stores. I do not recommend it for repairing broken denture bases though.
For a more permanent solution, I recommend you have the tooth professionally bonded back to the denture base as soon as it is possible.
24-Hour Denture Repair Services
The most common denture repair services we perform for our patients are:
- Denture Repairs: Connecting the broken pieces of the denture, giving it additional service.
- Denture Hard Reline: Permanent resurfacing the denture gives a brand new fit that will be comfortable until the gums change again. This usually will last several years.
- Denture Soft Reline: Temporary resurfacing the denture makes it comfortable immediately. This service is completed in-office. This new surface material usually lasts 6-8 weeks and it will need to be redone again.
- Denture Rebase: Replacing the entire pink portion of the denture will provide a new shape and foundation for the denture. Fresh start, fresh fit. This service usually will last many years, much like the Denture Hard Reline.
- Partial Denture Framework Services: Most common service is adding a broken clasp back to the partial denture framework. This is done removely in a dental laboratory and takes 1-3 days.
- Clasp Adjustments: Some loose fitting partial dentures can be made comfortable again with a quick in-office adjustment of the clasps.
- Teeth Replacement: When a denture tooth goes missing or gets broken, a new tooth (or the old tooth) can be added back on.
Most of these services are completed with the aid of dental technicians at a professional dental laboratory facility. Most of these services have a Turn Around Time of 24 hours. Some cases will require additional time.
Denture Consultation is the first step you should take if you suspect you need Denture Repair Services
If you can repair the denture yourself, this option will be the most cost effective option. However, if you need professional denture repair services, you should contact our office for a denture consultation. You can also book the consultation directly on our website by clicking the Online Booking button. The questions I will attempt to address are:
- Can the denture be repaired?
- What specific service would I recommend (reline, rebase, rebond, remake, etc?)
- What is the cost of such service?
- How soon can you have your denture back?
- How long would the repair last?
Schedule Your Appointment
Whether you have teeth or not, you deserve a smile you can be proud of!
A beautiful smile changes how you look. It also changes how you live. Imagine laughing and eating freely with friends again! If you want to smile with confidence, we can help. The first step is easy. Schedule your consultation today!