Duplicate Your Dentures & never go without
What does everyone wish when their denture breaks or gets lost? “I wish I had a spare set of dentures!” No one wants to go without teeth, even for a day. But you have to if you don’t have a duplicate denture and something happens to your teeth. Until now, it wasn’t possible to duplicate a denture because each denture was made via a wax prototype that got destroyed in making the final.
With the latest digital denture technology, however, it is possible to duplicate traditional dentures using digital technology. Welcome to the future!
How do you duplicate my denture?
Duplicating a denture is a very similar process to “One Day Dentures.” (To see how we do that, watch our video on making a One Day Denture.)
To duplicate your denture, we create a digital copy of it using 3D scanning technology. Once the denture design is finalized in Exocad, the touch of a button brings you a duplicate denture, either milled or 3D printed. Unlike traditional methods that rely on destructible wax prototypes, digital prototypes don’t get destroyed. Technically, you have the possibility for a duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate… you get the idea.
How much does a spare set of dentures cost?
Duplicate dentures cost approximately the same price as a new set of digital dentures. Since certain factors make each person’s case unique, there is not one set price. Those factors include the following:
- Are you getting a new digital denture and want to receive a duplicate as well?
- Is your original denture worn?
- Are the original denture teeth in good condition or do they need maintenance prior to duplication?
- Does the original denture need a reline prior to duplication?
To get a precise quote, come in and meet Dr. Bec for a consultation. We know it seems like extra trouble, but it’s the only way we can offer each patient a fair price. When dentists offer set prices over the phone, they are either overcharging or underserving the majority of their patients. We prefer to offer personalized serice and only charge you for what you need.
Three Main Advantages (There are more)
With duplicate dentures, you not only get the benefit of a spare set of dentures, but you also get all the benefits of digital dentures. (Read more about digital advantages here.) The three major advantages are the following:
- Never Go Without Teeth! The things that strike fear into the hearts of denture wearers: breaks, cracks, lost teeth, lost dentures… the dog chewing the denture – those things have no more power. Spare dentures save the day.
- Predictable Fit – Made from printed or milled materials, these teeth do not have shrinkage. No shrinkage = superior fit!
- Easily Remade or Duplicated – Because the digital prototype stays on file, you can get another one anytime without the hassle of going through all the steps again. You don’t just havea a duplicate – you now have the potential for an inifinity-plicate.
Can You Duplicate Any Denture?
Technically, yes… Practically, it’s not always worth it.
If a denture fits poorly, is worn down or has poor occlusion, it should be serviced prior to duplication. It makes no sense to duplicate problems.
How Can I Know if My Denture is Worth Duplicating?
Bring it in for a consultation. If you like how it feels, functions and looks, there is a good change that its worth duplicating. Dr. Bec will go over it thoroughly prior to starting the duplication process to make sure you’re not wasting your money.
Wondering what it’s like being a patient of Dr. Bec’s? Watch this video to hear our sweet patient Yvonne talk about her experience. She looks so beautiful with her gorgeous new smile!